Springtime is the season of reNEWal — abundant life awakens and is displayed all around us — the warm sun, blooming flowers, birds chirping in song, change in the air. It is the perfect time to BREAK THROUGH OUR BLOCKS. “Sometimes we’re so blocked in a particular area we don’t even consider a breakthrough a possibility. We’re so blocked we don’t even see our blocks. Stay open. Don’t limit yourself. Something that yesterday seemed entirely unfeasible and forever beyond your grasp may tomorrow, next month, next year — or today — become something you can do naturally, something that’s available to you. It can come as a total surprise, in an area you hadn’t considered. Your breakthrough may happen in an area you’ve been struggling with and working on.” ~ Melody Beattie
How are you reNEWing? What breakthrough are you looking for?
Life is more than setbacks, and it’s not static. Appreciate and respect where you are now. But let yourself move to the next level when it’s time. Celebrate your breakthroughs when they come. Listen to that quiet voice, that fleeting thought that says, Why don’t you________? — even if it’s something you’ve never done before. ~ Melody Beattie
Who or what is pulling on you?
What do you think you should do?
Now take it to the next step, the next level. What does your heart & soul lead you to do?
Bhavana is a Sanskrit word meaning reflection, contemplation, infusion.
To practice a bhavana meditation, think of a quality you would love to be permeated by, and soak in it.
- Think of one, two, or three qualities you would love to be infused with. Ask within yourself, “What would I love to be filled with? What kind of energy? What quality of being?” You could write these words in your journal. Your words might be quite different from one another, such as power, peace, love, excitement, stability, clarity.
- Give yourself a chance to love each word, leisurely. Bond with the word; let your body be at home with it.
- Develop a rhythm of leisurely thinking of each word and then pausing to feel it resonating in you. Like when you drop a pebble into a pond, watch the ripples. You might think one of your words every ten or twenty seconds, so it takes a full minute to think all three. Get used to this rhythm: the word, the feeling of the word, the sensations and imagery, the silence after the word, then the next word.
You can meditate in this way for five, ten, or twenty minutes a day. You can do this with any quality you love, or are devoted to, or have faith in. ~ Lorin Roche, The Radiance Sutras
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. ~ Romans 12:1-2, The Message
May you be reNEWed in this season of your life. Stay open. Don’t limit yourself. A breakthrough is happening.💥
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)